A Not So Daily Dose of Daisy
Master of living a random, unpredictable life.
Looks A Lot Like Christmas

Remember that project that I told you we started yesterday? Well today Selena helped me put the finishing touches on it and we hauled it out to the yard. What do you think?

Here is a closer look at the melted Frosty the Snowman that we made. Not counting waiting for the paint to dry he only took a few hours to make. It was the frame and lights for the sign that took a lot longer.

melted snowman yard decoration diy how to make a large big lights

And while we are looking at decorations check out Skeleton Claus.Of course skeleton is always changing costume throughout the year to see the others click here.

Oh and here are a few pictures of the Christmas lights on the outside of our house.

6 Comments to “Looks A Lot Like Christmas”

1. Vanessa says:

I showed the kids the skeleton and then we went through all the old skeleton pictures. Isabel said “I wish we had a skeleton!”

Good job decorating!

2. amanda says:

Hi! I was wondering how you made your snowman. He is awesome.

3. cystal says:

what did you use for the head of the melting snowman? Please email me at cgnolan23@yahoo.com

4. cystal says:

What did you use for the snowman head?

5. Daisy says:

I saw your question about how we made the melting snowman. It was surprisingly simple. We used a thick plywood for the base. Just cut out the shape and painted it white. Then we drilled the holes for the lights. For the head we used a Styrofoam ball from Michael’s. We anchored the head using a really long screw. We used leftover pieces of wood to make the eyes and nose… just paint them the colors that you want. The rest is all very obvious. I used a staple gun to keep the mittens and scarf in place. Oh and pins to keep the top hat on his head. I hope this helps!!

6. BRH says: