Here are some fun facts about 13:
- This year there are 3 Friday the 13th’s and all 3 fall exactly 13 weeks apart (1/13,4/13 & 7/13) this hasn’t happened since the early 80′s but it will happen again in 2015.
- If today scares you then you may have paraskavedekatriaphobia (also known as friggatriskaidekaphobia). Those are the scientific terms for fear of Friday the 13th.
- Triskaidekaphobia is fear of the number 13.
- Hotels and hospitals often skip the 13th floor, and even airports quietly omit gate 13 sometimes. Next time your on a plane you probably won’t seat aisle 13. And in addition most cities don’t have a 13th Street or 13th Avenue.
- Alfred Hitchcock was born on the 13th and Friday August 13, 1999 would have been his 100th birthday.
- Tarot Card number 13 is the Death Card, depicting the Grim Reaper.
- Traditionally in hangings, there are 13 knots in the noose and 13 steps leading up to the moment of death.
- There are 13 full moons per year. Good news for the werewolves!
So nothing crazy happened to us today unless you consider having a scorpion IN YOUR HOUSE as crazy. We have seen a bunch of dead scorpions in the pool and I saw a live one last summer on the back deck but other than that they have stayed out of our way. I was standing near the front door when I spotted a dead scorpion laying there. Even though it was dead I was not about to scoop it up. I yelled upstairs for JP and Lily. Lily hoovered over it for a little bit kinda grossed out then JP said he’d take care of it. As he went to grab it it jumped up and took off. JP didn’t have any shoes on and the only thing he had in his hand was his iPhone. But thanks to quick thinking he slammed his phone down on the scorpion and stopped it in its tracks. Usually when you see a scorpion they have their tail curled up because that is their defense mode that is why the tail looks so long.
Keep in mind that we pay like $150 every three months for a company to come spray our house inside and out. You can be sure I will be calling them tomorrow because they were just here last week. This is not ok.
About 2 hours later I was standing around talking to people on my softball team when all of the sudden someone yelled “SNAKE, ROSE MOVE YOUR BAG”. I screamed and when I looked there was a snake headed straight for my softball bat bag. I am pretty sure he was just looking for a place to hide… but still scary. Lily snapped this picture when my phone. Do you see him hiding in the crack?