I am not sure how I always let it come to this… but I do. I feel like my bedroom closet is always a mess. Maybe it’s because it is not in my normal routine so it only gets totally cleaned out like once a year or so. It gets vacuumed like once a week (at least the parts that I can get to). And almost every day I look at it and say “You are next on my list”. But I stall and don’t do it. It is so easy to put it off for some reason. But today was the day. This is what I had to deal with. Nice, huh?
I spent almost an entire day but in the end it was totally worth it. I learned a couple things about myself:
- I thought I only owned 3 pairs of jeans. WRONG… I found 7 pairs of jeans on the shelf above that I didn’t even realize I had. 5 of them totally still fit me. How did I forget about them? They are all designer jeans (7 for All Mankind, Joe Jeans, Miss Me, etc.) so it’s not like they are cheap. It was like winning the jean lottery! I am not kidding when I say I have over $1,000 worth of jeans in my closet.
- I knew I had a lot of Halloween Costumes but just in case you were wondering I have 15. And 16 if you include the witch hat and broom as a costume! Oh and that is also if you don’t count any Lily or JP costumes.
- I have a ridiculous amount of tank tops….. 45 to be exact. Mental note to stop buying them.
- I found a Christmas gift that we forgot to give JP. During Thanksgiving vacation 2010 we were in Chicago and we bought him something… I hid it in the closet so well that I forgot about it.
- I found 3 Lily gifts that I forgot about. Do you do that? I put them in my closet on a shelf thinking I will give it to her next time and it never gets given. One of the things up there is a Barbie that I gave her for Christmas but for some reason she never opened it. When I was taking down the tree it was sitting in the box by the window so I snagged it and I plan to re-gift it to her again. Sneaky?
- I found 2 pairs of sunglasses that I thought I lost. Both pairs are from Tiffany’s. Thank god I looked in those blue boxes!
- I got rid of an entire garbage bag of clothing. Mostly t-shirts from various teams that I play on or shit that I don’t ever wear.
- I have 3 pairs of heels that I have never worn. What’s funny is they are all the same style.. more like a sandal with a heel on it. I guess I know what I like. Those are gonna come in handy once sundress season is officially here. Oh and I feel to need to mention that I own 8 pairs of flip flops which all get worn regularly.
- Oh speaking of sundresses… I own 36 of them.
Here is the stack of tank tops I mentioned above. I am not really sure what to do with them. I thought about hanging them but I would need a butt load of hangers!
And here is my after shot. It was a lot of work but totally worth it. Not to shabby, eh?