As of today I am officially 33 ½ years old. I realized that when I looked at the calendar but what is even cooler is that my friend Tiffany text me and said “Happy 1/2 Birthday”. I have a hard enough time remembering peoples actual birthday much less their 1/2 birthday. Since it is a special day I decided to try a new recipe that I saw on Pinterest a couple days ago. We are gonna make Meatloaf Cupcakes! I used the recipe from Back To Her Roots and I only changed a few things.
First you need to get the ingredients together.
For the Glaze
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
For the Meatloaf
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- Onion, diced finely
- Green pepper, diced finely
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
This is before I put the sauce on.
While the meatloaf’s are cooking make some mashed potatoes. Lily was super impressed that I was able to peel 6 potatoes in the time it took her to do two of them.
Once the meatloaf’s are done put the mashed potatoes on each cupcake and stick it back in the oven. In the original recipe they piped the potatoes on but I learned the hard way that if you have ANY lumps in your mashed potatoes that is almost impossible.
Mine looked like this! Lily and JP loved these and I am totally gonna put them in my dinner rotation!
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix all glaze ingredients together and set aside.
- Mix all loaf ingredients together and put into the cupcake tin. Pour glaze over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 25 mintues or until sauce is bubbly and middle of meatloaf is cooked through.
- Add potatoes on top and cook for 10 more minutes or until the potatoes get slightly brown.
- Let rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.