A Not So Daily Dose of Daisy
Master of living a random, unpredictable life.
The Other Side of the Fence

You know the old saying about the grass being greener on the other side? Well that is not the case behind our house. If you go to the back fence on the right side of our yard there is a gate that opens up into the green belt.

When my brother James came to visit last summer we all went back there and explored. He called it going on an armadillo hunt. While we didn’t actually see any armadillo we did see the power lines and lots of rocks, bugs and stickers stuck to our socks. Ever since we went back there I have been wondering what lives back there. Back in December I tested it and whatever it is likes corn. When I put this back there it was full of kernels.

So today when I was preparing dinner I decided to save the ends and see if the unknown animal would eat them. Here are the asparagus ends.

I am going to check on them tomorrow and see if they are gone.

This is the view from the fence looking back at the house.

6 Comments to “The Other Side of the Fence”

1. Vanessa says:

Do you really want to encourage some animal to stay close to your house?

2. Daisy says:

Vanessa – I guess I never even thought about that. Anyways it got me thinking about Dad and it made me laugh. Next thing you know I will be asking for a motion activated camera… did you ever see those rolls and rolls of film that Dad had from his camera that he set up on the 40′s. There are all of those pictures of him obviously wondering “Did it work? Is it taking pictures?” as he was looking into the camera. Ha ha! I wonder what happen to those because I would love to post one of them on here. Hilarious!!

3. Vanessa says:

Did you know that Chris and I were there for the first time he went to get the roll of film from the camera. We made so much fun of him and were really suprised he actually got some pretty cool pictures. But those ones of him seeing if it works are GREAT! Where are they? Either Rich has them or maybe Cathy.

4. Rich says:

I have a bunch of photos. I will have to look for them. It was a deer and some turkeys if I remember right.

5. joey says:

a nice change to the site

6. Zerah says:

I remember that camera & Dad going to pick up the film. We joked about dressing up in deer suits and posing in front of the camera, so that Dad could have a good laugh when he had the film developed. They make those camera digital now…